VEGA Grieshaber KG
Production processes are becoming ever more complex. So it’s really important that the measurement technology used to control and monitor the processes is all the more understandable and intuitive. VEGA has set itself the goal of developing innovative measurement technology that is easy to install and operate and offers maximum safety and reliability.
Pressure measuring techniques can be used to measure not only process or differential pressure, but also level, volume, density or mass flow in all areas of process technology.
The measuring ranges of pressure transmitters start at a few mbar and extend to extreme pressures up to 1,000 bar. Different measuring cells are used in these pressure instruments.
VEGA pressure transmitters deliver high-precision readings in
In a nutshell: Pressure instrumentation
The pressure of the measured medium deflects the diaphragm on a pressure transmitter's measuring cell, which then converts it into an electronic signal. The measuring range extends from very low pressures from 0 to 25 mbar up to extreme pressures of up to 1,000 bar at process temperatures from -20 to +400 °C.
How does that work? VEGA has developed a variety of measuring cells that are specially adapted to specific measurement conditions:
- Ceramic-capacitive CERTEC® measuring cell with either absolutely front-flush or recessed diaphragm
- Chemical seal system is for decoupling the transmitter away from high temperatures or aggressive media
- Differential pressure measuring cell: Piezoresistive metallic measuring cell with integrated overload diaphragm
- Metallic measuring cells
What types of pressure measurement are there?
The following measurement tasks can be accomplished with pressure measurement technology:
- Process pressure measurement
- Hydrostatic pressure measurement for level monitoring
- Differential pressure measurement for determining pressure, level, volume, density and flow rate
Which pressure transmitter is the right one depends on where it is to be used. We’re happy to assist you in finding the most suitable pressure measurement technology for your application.
Process pressure measurement
Pressure transmitters measure the pressure of liquids, gases and vapors in pipes or closed vessels. The pressure of the measured medium acts on a pressure measuring cell, which converts it into an electronic signal.
The process pressure transmitters are ideal for detecting the relative or absolute pressure in applications with condensation or rapid temperature changes.
- Pressure transmitters handle a very wide measuring range: from vacuum to extreme pressures
- High operational reliability through integrated self-monitoring
- High overload resistance, long-term stability and thermal shock compensation of the dry, ceramic-capacitive measuring cell
Differential pressure measurement
In differential pressure measurement, different pressures act on an oil-filled, pressure difference measuring cell from two sides. The instrument converts the pressure differential into an electronic signal.
Pressure, level, density and flow of liquids, suspensions, gases and vapors can be measured using the principle of differential pressure.
- Wide application spectrum thanks to large selection of measuring ranges and process fittings
- Differential pressure transducers can detect differential pressures of just a few mbar
- With an installed chemical seal, media with extreme temperatures can also be safely and reliably measured
Measurement of electronic differential pressure
An innovative software and hardware concept makes it possible to combine any two pressure transmitters of the VEGABAR 80 series into an electronic differential pressure system. Electronic differential pressure measurement is often used for filters, pumps and pipelines.
- Simple installation
- Multi-variable sensor: Differential pressure, static pressure and temperature
- Not affected by ambient conditions